ONE PERCENT SA (PTY) LTD
Last update: 29/12/2019
This website/app/landing page is managed by One Percent SA (PTY) Ltd.
This policy governs the manner in which One Percent SA (PTY) Ltd. collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of One Percent SA (PTY) Ltd. websites, apps, landing pages, client websites, apps, and landing pages (“Sites”). This policy applies to the Sites and all products and services offered by One Percent SA (PTY) Ltd..
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Sites, register on our Sites, place orders, fill out forms, respond to surveys, subscribe to newsletters, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Sites. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Sites anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Sites. Non-personal identification information may include the information about how you use our app or website, and which websites you came to us from. Technical information about your device or browser when you use our app or website, including geolocation data to determine what country you are accessing our website or app from, your internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, browser type and version and time zone setting, which may in some circumstances be personal data. We may also receive personal data directly from you or from various third parties and public sources, including from social media channels (if you interact with us through those channels), or other third parties.
How we use collected information
We collect and use users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service;
- To respond more effectively to customer service requests and support needs;
- To personalise user experience;
- To improve our Sites;
- To process transactions;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site features;
- To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them;
- To send periodic emails;
- We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service;
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their orders. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. User may also contact us via our Sites to request to be unsubscribed;
- We may use your personal and contact information, financial information, information about any transaction between you and us, information about your use of our Sites, or technical information, in order to undertake analysis for the purposes of identifying and dealing with any fraud or fraudulent activity.
We may use your personal information if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- We may use your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that transactions and interactions with us are not fraudulent).
How we share your data with third parties
We sometimes share the data we collect from you with the following trusted third parties:
- Banks and payment providers – to set up and/or to obtain payment of any amounts due to us;
- Our IT system providers – in order to provide software to set up your account, to communicate with you via webchat and other communications providers and to provide our systems to us, including for the purposes of hosting, support and software licensing;
- Social media platforms – for the purpose of fulfilling the service and targeted advertising;
- Online survey companies and market research agencies – to undertake surveys (including for example, our website satisfaction survey) and other market research and to analyse the results;
- Digital analytics companies – for the purposes of website analytics and reporting in respect of our analytics and marketing;
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers – for the purposes of providing consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- Police or other such regulatory authority – as part of an investigation or otherwise for legal or regulatory purposes;
- Auditors – to audit our systems and transactions for the purposes of ensuring efficiency, or regulatory or contractual compliance;
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. We do this in order to protect our rights, property or safety or of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Users may find advertising or other content on our site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Sites. Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
How long we keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.,At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right:
- to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing;
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, if there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent;
- to ask, in certain circumstances, to delete the personal data we hold about you;
- to ask, in certain circumstances, for the processing of that information to be restricted; and
to ask, in certain circumstances, for data portability.
In order to request a copy of the personal data that One Percent SA (PTY) Ltd. holds about you, please send your request in writing to the email address above. To enable us to verify your identity and process your request, you must include all of the following information and documentation with your request:
- your full name;
- the email address registered to your account;
- a description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range;
- proof of your ID;
- the date of the request.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain at any time. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns before you approach the appropriate authority, so please contact us by email in the first instance.
There are four main types of cookies and technology. Here’s how and why we use them:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and app. Without these cookies, you will not be able to use some functionality on our website and app, such as signing into your account.
These cookies collect information about how you use our website or app and help us improve the way our website and app work by making it easier for you to navigate to and complete various tasks.
These cookies allow us to identify whether you are logged into your Figure Eight Training portal and to remember choices you make and your preferences, in order to improve your experience of our website and app.
Advertising cookies and pixels
Our carefully selected media partners place third party cookies, pixels and ad tags onto our website and app on our behalf. These cookies record your visit to our website and/or app, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our website and app, and the content displayed on them, more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see certain content, as well to measure the effectiveness of our digital campaigns. We may share this analytics information with third parties for these purposes. You can delete these cookies and still continue to use the website and app.
Managing your cookies
For more information about cookies, how to opt out and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet, go to http://www.youronlinechoices.com – the guide to online behavioural advertising and privacy. This website is operated by the Internet Advertising Bureau, the industry body for online advertising. On here you’ll find information about how behavioural advertising works, how to opt out, further information about cookies and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet. If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our website, you can do so in your browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, then please note that this may limit the way you use our Sites. For example, you may have to re-enter information that would have ordinarily been stored as a cookie.
Simple. Smart. Accounting.
Get in Touch
Simple. Smart. Accounting.